Sunday, January 06, 2008

made my waters flow

so i'm a tough chick, but as i've said, there's a limit to what i can handle.

as soon as i got to work, it hit me, and following my husband's advice, i called my boss and told him what happened with the kid mgr.

he said,
you did nothing wrong.


and realized i was crying. damn it. i always cry. it's a weakness of mine. especially after my grams died, i stopped wearing regular mascara because i cried so much.

he said,
don't let them make you cry.


but i've never been a balls of steel woman who can keep her shit together while at work. i don't know how to do that.

but my boss was gracious and compassionate.

but the kids made my waters flow.

they won this round in many respects, but it's not a battle. we're supposed to be a team.

i keep telling myself that.

it's a business, not a gang of friends.

i came home and told my family what happened, that i cried. and that they "don't like me" and my daughter said,
what's not to like?


which made me smile.

and a list runs through my mind. we are our own worst critics. i know my flaws, i know my shortcomings, i know my vast limitations.

but she knows, a smile is priceless.

No comments: