Tuesday, December 08, 2009

goodbye

sometimes endings write themselves, and for those times i am now grateful, there is simply too much on my plate for me to fret about anyone other than my kid at this point.

trying to focus on my upcoming belly dance, but work is demanding. with the kids calling in sick at what seems their leisure, it's tough to know when i will have time to rest. i have a very short week when i go to arizona, and i think i want to just play when i'm there. i won't pick up the extra time, so i can have some fun and be rested when i get there.

today is the third time in as many days men have stopped me to tell me how beautiful i am, at work, no less. this is a kind compliment as most of the time i'm getting shit from customers and it gets old.

this one guy said,
the first time i saw you, i thought...


and i interjected,
i was a bitch, right?


yes.


i know, i intimdate men.


yes. but you're really a sweetheart.


and so today, this man is looking at me and hands me his card, an artist apparently. does still lifes. asked me if i wanted to be drawn.

still not sure. but part of me says, why not.

i don't know. it is nice, especially when i'm wasted tired to get a compliment, my gosh, could you imagine if i actually felt decent.

ha!

No comments: