Saturday, January 03, 2009

last times

i keep meaning to pull the plug on this waste of time blog. but i haven't yet. it's just a habit, i guess.

my girl and i divided up the christmas tree ornaments. i realized, some mattered to me. some came to me from my grams, and i can't, in good conscience let those go. so i also took the ones i got as we toured the pueblos in new mexico. i bought a few here and there, along the way, and from my ex's reservation i got some yucca bells. things like that, no one wants really, just me. just me. so i kept them.

but it made me happy that she wanted the weird things she's grown accustomed to seeing on our tree. like the bucked of KFC chicken. i don't know why it's there or when i put it up. but every year we'd unpack it and laugh. everyone asks,
what's a bucket of chicken doing on your tree?
and we laugh and reply,
we don't know. but it's funny.


so, she's getting the bucket of chicken. may it serve her well. to remind her of my weirdnesses i guess.

saw, the curious case of benjamin button. it was surprisingly wonderful. i had hoped it would be good. it was strange, and sad, and funny. quirky, the way life really is. i like a movie like that, one that is sad and a true reflection of what is.

so, i'm gearing up to go to work today. still trying to finish off the stragglers of my semester. my sis may come out to go to my graduation, but if it doesn't work out, since i've booked a bed and breakfast, i've invited a friend to come with me. i could go alone and enjoy it, but i could also have a companion and that would be nice too. i don't know, i go back and forth. sometimes, most times, i just want to be alone. but right now, maybe because i'm setting off on being alone a lot. i'm looking forward to some company.

must away, i'm sure there is something productive i need to be doing.

most likely, i'll go in to work early...

No comments: