Tuesday, January 27, 2009

seven T, not seven

so, i opened the store today, only my fifth time ever. which is not much, consdering i work almost every day and have for the better part of six months. i was due, shall we say.

well, i call in the change order and ask the guy for seven dollars in quarters but don't realize this even when he says,
do you really want seven dollars?
and i said,
yes.
because i wasn't really listening and i was doing the deposit at the time of the request.

now, if i had gone to the bank alone, i could have glossed over this error and none would be the wiser. but, in true fall on your face in front of everyone fashion, i had drug an asst mgr from another store with me to the bank so i could vent.

he was standing beside me and laughed when the teller busted open a roll of quarters and counted out seven dollars.

sigh.

i'm a dork, what can i say.

i told my boss, and he laughed. i'll never live it down.

so, i have a lot to tell you, it's been a while but i don't have internet connected yet, and i am not sure when i will. plus i'm crazy busy, but i'm out of my ex-s apt, and in my own apt.

my girl is struggling but we'll make it through.

i must away. when i return remind me to tell you how long it has been since my last dentist visit. (YIKES!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to leave a comment, but could not find any other way to contact you…

I wanted to get an email address from you to let you know about an upcoming project from The OOZE. We won’t share it, or spam you unmercifully. :-) If you could shoot me back an email to hughlh@gmail.com, I would appreciate it! Thanks!