Friday, November 04, 2005

the man got me

i was so ticked off at my husband recently, i forgot to set my cruise control.

before the advent of cruise control (or my desire to use it, probably the latter), i got tickets on a regular basis. monthly. if not weekly. i was a scary driver.

my hubby came home with a ticket and i laughed. he has never gotten a ticket (i think that is what he's said, although i've seen him get pulled over twice and both times let off with warnings. i never get warnings, i get tickets. well, i've gotten a few warnings when i was young and possessed a firm body).

so he gets a ticket and i'm gloating because it has been literally six years since my last ticket--thanks to cruise control and a daughter who sits in the back seat,
mom you're speeding. slow down.
God bless back seat drivers. she sits in the middle seat so she can glimpse the speedometer. i also have her on the lookout for speed limit signs as i blaze past them and often miss what they say (details, life is in the details). she yells out,
45 mom. slow down!
and i do. at least i try.

so i was coming home after seeing proof with gwyneth paltrow (i saw it with a friend, but gwyneth was in the movie you understand).

my mind on a comment my hubby made. i round a particularly curvy corner and have audio slave blasting. spot the man. i'd forgotten to set my cruise control.

of course instinctively i let my foot off the gas, but he claims to have gotten me. and i have learned you can't argue with the man. i have tried. it doesn't turn out too good.

so i drag myself in the house after peeling out from getting a ticket (wisdom emanates from me when i'm angry). and tell my hubby, i got a ticket.

where? told him the whole story and now i've got to blow six hours of reading time. of my life on traffic school. i'm going to the comedy course, so hopefully it will be marginally funny. but i still have to watch the videos and take the tests. sigh. the closest thing i get to school is traffic school.

No comments: