Friday, May 28, 2004

momma's wisdom

i am ill today, i covet your prayers. so let me just post something my momma wrote. it blessed me and struck me that i'd never considered it before. Heaven is the name of my niece.

mom writes:
"the other day I was outside with Heaven and the wind was blowing. I told her, 'Do you want a hug from God?' and she said 'yes.' I told her 'open your arms up and let the wind hug you, that's God giving you a BIG hug. So each time the wind blows, God is sending us a hug. I love it when He does that.'"

and my mom says she isn't a poet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I lift you up in prayer right now. Look forward to more of your posts. The wind was whistling and I could hear it the best when I was standing in front of the refrigerator, which oddly enough is almost plumb in the center of my three level condo. Was the wind trying to get into hug me? Was it strange realizing that instead of a hearth at the center of my house there's a fridge or what? Is there something symbolic in that? And what about the streak of bird crap on my downstairs window. There's a small roof overhang so it's not easy to see how a bird could have done this without hovering like a helicopter and aiming at the glass. And, have I cleaned it off? No, I'm contemplating it and wondering what the philosophical implications are.

Love,

Deb

siouxsiepoet said...

to see God in a streak of bird crap. to see eternity in a flower. isn't that how that saying goes? HA! i love how you can find God in anything deborah. there are somethings that are too gritty even for me, but you make me think. indeed you do my friend.