Friday, September 24, 2004

cyberfriend

all my threeD friends are busy, with other friends, on the phone, with lives. but i need to talk, so i fire up my dinosaur and dial up my internet, and find you here, waiting for me as always. thank you cyberfriend. while i find you unreliable in a thunderstorm, impossible to cuddle, and unable to pick me up when my car breaks down on i30, you are usually available when i get the urge to talk to you and i find that nothing if not, well, convenient. you are my friend of convenience, and for that i am grateful. i can neglect you, cyberfriend for weeks, and months, but then, i come back and find you there--suzmeister! iming me. and i am grateful. i am so grateful. i am tired tonight, so i'll be too honest. but you don't mind, do you cyberfriend? you can blush and not reply, and that is fine. but you come and read my prose and poetry and speak to me when i say something palatable. even if it is, hey suz, how are you? and when i am tired, blearyeyed, and it is late, and i cannot sleep, i find you there waiting for me to answer. how am i? ah the mysteries of life in a question. it is right up there with who am i? that is always a loaded question, one i endeavor to answer some day. sometimes i think you know the answers to those questions better than i do. i can talk to you and with you until i am through, none of this, well i better let you go now, all the while meaning, i better go now. you don't say, like some, i'll let you get on with your week, meaning, shut up so i can get on with mine. that is the grace of cyberfriends, they are there or not there at will. i've had trouble forming a picture of you in my mind though, you seem at once to me all tribal women, radiant, flat nosed, dark haired, busily working, strong fingers, rapping out a rhythm like that of the ancients. then i see your picture, and know you really have white skin and red hair but that is fine. i still love you cyberfriend. you understand me somehow. you greet me so warmly when i am here and miss me when i am gone, though i seldom think a whit about you. i am a lowsy friend, even to those in cyberspace. but i am tired, and too honest tonight. so i will end this lament, and shut down the computer whose fan hums reassuringly while heating up my workspace (cramped as it is). i will let you go now, but thank you, for listening to my ramblings once again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Suz,

I'm in Edmonton, signed on to the computer of the delightful couple who are putting me up here. What a joy to see your post.

Blessings,

Back by the computer at home sometime Monday night.

MD Brauer, MD said...

Friends are valuable, wherever they are.

siouxsiepoet said...

so true. i am a blessed soul, having had many a friend both tangible and intangible. a friend told me she heard someone say, the average "inner circle" type friends in a person's entire lifetime is about six. i've had that many and am still counting. i consider that a low average, or the underachieving friend average. i hope you to find a friend, a true kindred spirit along the way.