Friday, November 19, 2004

even as we speak

i forget we are not speaking at all, but it seems that way as i write you this and you read, that we are having a tangible chat, the way so many ims have come and gone moments in time, conversations held in two dimensions. but i digress...

at this moment, two poems i wrote sit in brennan manning's bible. my beloved sister carried them to him for me today. i do not know what will come of this. good thing it is manning and not me, in whose bible they sit or they would go untouched for many, many days. but that is another story for another time.

they are in his, and he may find them and read them and i pray they would quicken in his heart as they fell from my pen and quickened mine. may the breath of God blow across his face as he reads my words. as i feel the breath of God when i read his.

who knows what will come of this. maybe nothing. but one can hope.

3 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

Do tell the story. How did the poem leap into his Bible? Did she sneak it in? How does she know Brennan?

I have no doubt your words will minister to him.

MD Brauer, MD said...

Siouxsie, read through the last few of your posts. You have voice. You need to write. You have passion. You need to write. You have God. You need to write. May God grant you an overabundance of his blessings. (and if I may be presumptious to God -something in the material kind might be nice!)

As for poetry. I agree, stuff I see in most magazines. Yecch. Yours is good. On the other hand I like center justified, and I love rhyme, which I understand you do not. Still...
Blessings,
Marvin

siouxsiepoet said...

marvin,
such kind words. thank you.

mary,
i did tell the story, my sister went to hear him speak and she gave him two of my poems. that is how i would like my work circulated, through living hands. no marketing scheme. just people saying, hey, read this.

blessings,
suz