Thursday, August 12, 2004

the gift of laughter

my brother sent this to me. i threw my head back and laughed! i hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

btw, i am just learning how to use this photo blogging thing, so apologies for it being so small. just click on the image and it will enlarge. enjoy!

parenting mishaps


i must confess, this is how i feel as a parent many times. my best laid plans wreack havoc and present a whole new set of problems! praise God children are resilient, ducklings too. hey, that reminds me of a poem i wrote long ago. i'll share it here:

The Duckling

I have a little duckling
that waddles through my home
pit pat pit pat
her little feet
on the linoleum
pit pat all hours
of the night and day
pit pat pit pat
would the sound never go away
for ducklings grow
too soon take flight
from the shelter of the nest
away from me
and silence falls
just the memory
of little feet
pit pat pit pat
all throughout my home

No comments: