Tuesday, August 03, 2004

john 1:1 (love letters)

I yearn for some companion
Earthly friend
To tell my woe

I long for some loving company
Whose woes
I then can know

Yet in my yearning pensiveness
I find You
Waiting there

With letters so sweet
And lovely
Just for me.

You tell me of Your sacrifice
You share with me my sin

You cleanse my
Scarlet soul
Then love on me again

You wash away my
Bitterness, sadness,
Grief and doubt

In all of Your
Love Letters
I am who You write about.

Little lamb lost
You good Shepherd
Find me once again

In all of YourLove Letters
I am who You wrote about.


...a sing songy tune, not one i am inclined to write of late. i wrote this one before before this dark season began. what seems like a lifetime ago...

blogger has regressed to her old indiscretions and cannot handle formatting (go figure. maybe i just need to learn some html, hmm), so for now, i'll only share what can be rendered in left justification.

blessings!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks--the sweetness and simplicity of this post hit home tonight. I am my beloved and he is mine.