Tuesday, October 19, 2004

my press

i shared this with my dear friends, but had to post it here so i could get those warm fuzzies when i reread it.

Hi Suz,

What an awesome editor you are! Honestly, and far more critical (in the very best sense) than the outsourced editor Cook used. If you ever consider becoming an editor and want a recommendation, please let me know. I would be very glad to give a glowing one.

I really do like the way you examine the book, consider it in its context, and see how it can be improved. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

another final note from the same gracious author:
I've been honored to have you both review and critique the book, thank you, my friend and partner in ministry! Keep serving him with words.

me again: who thinks of a reviewer as a partner in ministry? someone not hoarding the spotlight, that's for sure! i am infinately blessed and much encouraged by this kind exhortation.

2 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

Congrats Suz,

What was the context of the letter?

Mary in France

siouxsiepoet said...

from deb who is working and too tired to comment :D

Awesome. But, of course, I totally agree. This is
right on.
Deb

mary,
i am reviewing this person's book and happen to have talked with the author while i was on the writer's view (thewritersview-subscribe@yahoogroups.com). but the Lord seems keen on keeping me hidden away. i told this to a lady i am just getting to know and she blessed me with the kindest compliment. i said, "my orders right now are 'stand and see the salvation of the Lord'" and she said, "you are one of His choice works. potters don't keep their choice works on display, they are kept in a closet until someone comes in and specifically asks to see a 'choice piece'" i can't remember her exact verbiage, but that was the gist of it, and it blessed me immensely. i may do a piece on the hidden place, the place of obscurity soon. but then again, maybe i won't.

love you mary,
suz