Wednesday, January 12, 2005

ask

this morning my husband said to me
i had hoped you'd make me breakfast


to which i replied
don't hope, ask!


then i laughingly added
you have not because you ask not


giggling to myself about this i proceeded to walk down the street contemplating that biblical image

i can use that somewhere

then proceeded to slip in the mud and land knee down in my white karate pants (a big dojo no no) and left hand.

God giggled about that one, eh?

nevermind the damn spot that won't come out even though i did SHOUT

i came home too late to make my hubby breakfast, my snickering subsided, i just felt like a lowsy wife.

then another thought came to me

i need to be seen through the eyes of mercy

it later occurred to me

i need to see through the eyes of mercy

if my husband ditched me, hungry and snickering like that (new year's resolution not withstanding), i would be understandably irked.

but when i with muddied knee returned, i wanted mercy.

of course, i always want mercy.

i always need mercy.

i must remember to simply ask.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice, suz. I liked the way your thoughts tumbled out.