Sunday, January 02, 2005

laughing

this year i said i wanted to go in laughing. and so i did.

may this year be full of joy and laughter, even if our circumstances remain stubbornly unchanging.

this year, may i glimpse the eyes of God gathered up in wrinkles about His smiling eyes.

this year, may i forgive more than last. may i be gracious, and kind.

this year, may i have hope, lasting hope as a rock under my feet.

yes, this year may i go laughing on into whatever comes my way.

i do not promise to be happy, i promise to find joy again. and to pull her close to me and never let her go.

may you find her as well.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I read today that joy and sorrow go hand in hand. Thank one can't deeply exist without the other. Happiness is fleeting and shallow and disentegrates when sorrow comes. But not joy.

May I too, have joy, and laughter.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this. It's like a balm for the soul.

Deborah