Wednesday, February 14, 2007

look sexy

it's not everyday i hear that. last night, on my way to my first belly dancing class, i got woefully lost. so lost, i didn't even know where i was or how to get home. but decided to breathe, and drive. always a good solution. i found my way. i was late, but made it.

they were doing hip drops and i knew how to do that, so i wasn't too slow in picking up where they were at.

the instructor is awesome. tweaking out her body in all manner of ways. and as we go throughout the class, she's telling us,
women with bellies are the best belly dancers because one they get control of those abdominal muscles, it's amazing.


very encouraging. i smile.

she's splaying out her rib cage and running her hands down her hair.
you must look sexy for class.


we will show our bellies, apparently. so i rush home and stand in front of the mirror to see what horrors my fellow students will be exposed to. and yikes, is all i can say. yikes, folks. and i've been working out for a month.

do you know how long it has been since anyone has told me to look sexy for anything? a long time. a very long time.

so i'm picking out some belly dancing apparel and trying to figure out what exactly i want. what colors i will choose and which things will flatter my particular body type. not things i think about in those ways.

wear swimsuit tops ladies!
the instructor calls out as we're walking out of the gym.

i've got some serious reckoning to do with my body. looks like indigo will be my colors. and silver coinage about my bod, mostly on my hips. i'll have a black chiffon and satin skirt and an alternate black satin shirt.

ah yes, look sexy for class. i shall try.

No comments: