Monday, September 24, 2007

blaze of glory

i wouldn't be the first to go up in flames, shall we say. but sometimes i wonder if that isn't why people hang around the periphery of my life, to see if this will finally be the thing that makes me combust.

i've complained about work off and on since i got the job. the a/c has been mostly off since april, and it was a HOT summer.

well, it's off again.

and i talked to the district manager of our store who said,
"I DON'T CARE"

and that was it for me.

i clicked into activist mode.

i who hates politics. i who hates anything even smacking of activism, got my blinders on and called the only number i could find.

i just got off the phone with human resources and i told them they could use my name to speak with the person who pissed me off.

i'm all about taking responsibility for what i say. but i just want to see some action. we're dying in the heat, and i've lost the optimism of my earlier days with this company.

something about, i don't care did it.

hmmm.

we'll see. i should probably put an application in somewhere else just to be on the safe side.

No comments: