Sunday, September 02, 2007

inspiring musicians

so, i wrote a series of poems, seems all i do is write series, and the musician who is a phenom pianist (carnegie hall calibur), was so inspired by the one i wrote for him, he wants to read them during his recital on saturday and name his first cd after the poem i wrote for him.

holy shit!

it makes me laugh, it makes me smile. it gives me great delight. that my little babies are finding their way in the world.

there is no telling what a poem can do. what mysteries a poem can unlock. what great avenues of soul they will reveal.

sadly, i cannot read my own poems at his recital (HOW I'D LOVE TO!), but i gave permission to have them read, nonetheless.

so often the artist's way feels in vain. like there is no substance to it. it is all mist and cloud. the fog of a soul who is living here and on another planet at the same time.

that my little poem could inspire this wonderful WONDERFUL musician, seems only to be the grace of God.

i'd rather have this than traditional publication anyday.

these little unknown triumphs. these little huzzahs.

now if only i could get off work and read the poems myself.

time to scuttle around and see if i can't make that happen.
my manager owes me (BIG TIME!)

so maybe, just maybe.

peace.

No comments: