Sunday, December 05, 2010

scenic routes

i realized the other day while driving the lovely way home (not the fast way, nor the economical way, but the lovely way), that i've finally found a bit of breathing room in my life again. a small space where i can sit for a minute at the library in my chair, it has been a very long time since i've been there in that chair for more than fifteen minutes. while i was being productive in my chair, it was nice to be there again. to remember back to what was, while so eagerly welcoming what is to come. remembrance is good. hope is better, and i'm feeling hopeful again. it's been a long time coming.

so i am driving down roads where the mountains could not be moved, i'm spending a lot of time with my daughter again because i'm not so exhausted i pass out as soon as i get home. i make her dinner when she arrives home from school, we talk about the day, then work on homework side by side. it's been lovely. feeling like me again. or doing things i remember once enjoying.

i should get back to it, i've had a little time this morning to unwind, but my everpresenttodolist beckons.

i will tend to it, freeing up my tomorrow to spend with my dear friend.

peace and may you remember to take the scenic route.

No comments: