Friday, October 05, 2007

ouch!

so i've fallen off the exercise wagon, and i'm trying to clambor back up.

i did tai chi wednesday night, after working out. and for someone whose stamina is down and who is not used to such exertions it was quite a challenge. my legs were quivering like a newborn fawn the last fortyfour minutes of tai chi (not quite that bad, it's only a fortyfive minute class, but close!)

she stretched me like thin thread and i wondered if i'd snap, but forced myself to do it. just do it. i didn't quit, though i kept watching the clock which is so not the point.

it kind of reminded me of doing penance. at least that is how it felt last night at the gym when my aching muscles were revolting again from being forced to exertions they have grown unaccustomed to (how quickly we lose stamina and stretchiness).

i had been doing tc every day, so to stop for two months and start up again, it's tough. just the deep squat alone will wipe you out. but i get such a kick out of the new folk in the class, i remember when i was that stiff and funky (pretty close to being that now, except i know the moves and can force my body into some semblance of the move, though not with the flowing ease i once had).

meds have helped me through because my muscles are in full blown aching mode. i really should go do tai chi right now, to keep the burn from becoming permanent (or to keep the burn permanent as the case may be). i haven't decided if i will.

when i was in class, i remembered why i love it so. it is very grounding for me. very centering. and i am offkiltergirl.

a modern day weeble, if you know what i mean.

though, admittedly, i do fall. and that, quite regularly.

bunny must go out, tai chi calls. peace.

No comments: