Saturday, October 06, 2007

she's how old???

so my belly dancing instructor tells us her age. i thought she was many years my junior, it turns out, she's a few years my senior. and i was not the only one blown away by this confession. but she felt grateful that we thought she was half her age.

today we spent a lot of time walking. it's tough, holding your carriage while doing the foot work and hipstuff. repetition is the key.

turning your hip to face the wall without blowing out your knee is not something you can do mindlessly (or i can, yet).

i still struggle with grief wracking me during the class. i'm trying to refocus myself and make this my dance. to take ownership of it. not let it be about performing for anyone, but let it be my celebration of me.

i'm not used to celebrating me.

i have so much i want to write, but i must away to work, i have two papers to write for school and these words are just taking away from that time.
so i must away.

but i had so much to say...but i've lost it now.

i trust it will come again.
peace.

No comments: