Friday, July 29, 2005

more poems

sometimes they come in floods like tears.

for mary

a sparrow
hopped by
and i
remembered
lamenting
broken wings
but i can
hop
was my
consolation
bandages are
dropping
like grave
clothes
perhaps
it's
time
to
fly.


(untitled)

Where are
the feet
of Him?
My constant
lament
head bowed
sowing
tearfully
He comes
approaching
Isaac
cover my
face
and weep
with joy
at last
He comes.



for maavin

by virtue
of His
Being
creation
came
forth
He did
not
labor
to
create.
like
perfume
hangs
upon
clothes
effortlessly
He
creates
from the
fullness
of
His Being.




for cliff and robbi

You have not
brought me
here
to turn me
away.
You do not
kill the
fatted
calf
while i
fast.
You do
not
laugh
and
shout
while
i weep.
the
celebration
has begun--
enter in.


my formatting on the poems of this day is not what it would be had i not entered them here. but perhaps the words convey my heart to you.

2 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

Lovely, just lovely.

Unknown said...

What a joy to read these this morning. These are wonderful contemplation poems. THanks for posting.

I'd love to see them put together in a book someday. Soon.