Monday, September 14, 2009

quittintime

i'm finally quitting my gym. i can't fucking stand it anymore. i've not been going as faithfully as i should, and believe me, there are plenty of other ways i can get a workout. just so over it. same damn circuit for years on end. no thank you.

so, my kid and i are butting heads. we're kind of champs at it. some part of me wants to not take her binder to school (since the one i have found has nothing in it, why bother?)

and isn't there a responsibility lesson to be learned here? or am i just being a bitch. i who always tell her before we go to bed,
get your shit together tonight.


i'll do it in the morning.
which is a fine plan, provided you set your alarm and turn it on. yes, she overslept this morning. how that becomes my issue, i don't know. but that kid was going to make it to the school bus if it was the last thing i saw happen. so she's grabbing shit as she's walking out the door (because my simple, get your shit together tonight is too easy to listen to).

then i get a call while i'm at the gym,
mom, i forgot...


how is this my problem? and the binder i find at our place literally has one paper in it that has writing. the rest of it is blank and the folders are empty.

seems a waste of my time to drive over there and deliver an empty binder.

and why are their backpacks so heavy anyway if these kids are lugging around empty binders? they have to carry entirely too much shit.

i'm tired, i think. it's my day off. i'm going to spend it with a friend. we'll work on our belly dance outfits. i'll try on everything i've got for her. she's convinced my wearing a thong is tacky. but i keep saying,
i don't want granny panties sticking out.
she seems to think i should have something covering my upper thigh region, but i am not of that opinion. i think, the less the better, i will be fully covered, but not seeing something is better than seeing a hint of something.

these are my dilemmas.

i need to work in a pedicure today too. some pampering would do my soul good. yes, it would.

must away. i've an empty binder to not deliver.

3 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thought of you today, remembering your kind act of accompanying me to a a mammogram years ago when I was back from France for a short bit. Thanks for that. You blessed me.

Eliza Shane said...

Well, love... she would have gone binderless had she been mine :-). Mine have gone binderless and more... lunchless! Also, violinless... among other things.
At some point, they need to be accountable for their own shit. Most times the consequences they face outside the home are more powerful than any ranting we can do, right?
I'm quite certain that my little chicas only had to eat that smooshy pb&j from the cafeteria once. :-)

siouxsiepoet said...

yeah mare, i got to go for my scareogram this year. i was freaking out, but survived. glad i was able to be there for you. i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

eliza, i hear you. i did not deliver it. i don't think bailing them out is always the best, or even the only option.

peace.