Monday, September 21, 2009

so not a 9

so, i tried to pour my slendering ass into a size 9 jeans, juniors size 9, mind you. no way. noooooo way. couldn't even get them over my abundant hips. i'll have to be content to be an 11. so be it. but i had to laugh at the thought that i could fit in those hot pink elizabeth tripp jeans. they were horribly tacky, and i only didn't get them because there was no chance in hell i'll fit them any time soon. but i'll be glad when i do. i got another pair of skinny jeans, stonewashed. too snug to be comfy just yet, but i'm will be in them soon. thanks to pilates.

i did also pick up a tripp black halter that matches (exactly) the tripp jacket i got not a few months ago on a whim. seems my halloween costume has come together all its own. i'll be some devil. my girl's idea. but i need six arms to get this halter on. it's more a corset than a halter, it has a collar and a complicated closure, which will require assistance. i got it far enough on in the dressing room to know it fits. i'll take it with me to my best friend's house and she'll cinch me in. then, i'll have my girl do it on halloween.

i'm going to make my kid a costume this year. we have some great ideas and i hope it all comes together. it should be fun, and i have some doesuede that i didn't use on my belly dance outfit that i'll supplement her costume with. she will be more in black than she likes, but i'll just have to find some complimentary happy colors for her. that and snakes.

don't ask. but i'll take a picture when we figure out how we're going to make it happen. it should be a lot of fun. i can't imagine how i'm going to get her ready for school that friday morning. it is a bit of a labor intensive outfit. (the hairdo anyway).

for my belly dance outfit, i've decided to scrap the armbands idea and go with some punker safetypin strappy things that i've been considering. it may look tacky unless i do it right. dominatrix here i come.

peace kids. keep your six arms flailing.

No comments: