Tuesday, July 20, 2004

proverbs 14:13 (dream catcher)

Wafting by
            my dreams
Fly haphazard
            in the breeze
Just beyond
            reach.
Stealthily, I
            stalk and pounce
Yet just between
            my fingers
They fly
            a circuitous course
Eluding me.
            those I have
Caught and pinned
            stare frozen
Trophies on my wall
            the mystery
Elegance, beauty           
            gone. 
 
here is, a melancholy tune. it seems blogger has much improved and can handle more types of poetry. so i will share some of my different formats and styles with you. hope you like it. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. love this poem. and the formatting is crucial to it. I see what you mean.

Especially the line with "reach" in it.

D

Reflect4Him said...

I like this one, too! I like the last two lines of how captured dreams seem to lose their shine.