Friday, July 16, 2004

yahoo! sucks!

as if life weren't frustrating enough. i've got yahoo! to deal with. they recently upgraded their service, and i've had problems ever since.
 
granted, i'm impatient. i could see it as an opportunity to expand my patience, or learn to abide in Christ. but no! i want my stinkin' email to work when i want it to work. i want to send attachments when i want to send them.
 
i don't want nice messages popping up telling me to "try this" and "try that."
 
how about trying to make the program work? how about that?
 
if i weren't such a technological imbecile, i might be able to abide these seeming eternal delays, like my husband. he is a telecom guy, so he rationally explains the possible problems the system could be having when we can't log on.
 
i don't care about the possible problems, i just want my email to work. i want to say hello to my friends and loved ones when i want.
 
this technological world we live and deal in sometimes feels like an illusion. if suddenly the internet were to go away, how many friends and contacts would simply cease to exist? how many lifelines would be cut by interrupted service?
 
just a few years ago, email was unknown and unnecessary to my daily life. now, i get a kick out of connecting with my cyber friends.
 
do you ever ponder the almost alternate reality of cyberspace? i invest so much time and energy in my cyber friends that i scarcely have time for 3D friends, isn't that strange? 
 
maybe it is because i live in the middle of nowhere and have very few people who can relate to my urbanite ways. who knows. it doesn't help living in the bible belt and being as irreverent as i am. no, it doesn't help at all.
 
all this from yahoo! and their lame service. (well, it isn't always lame, just now, when i want an oompa loompa now daddy!)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't get me going about Yahoo! My internet provider joined up with them and in order to get access to my regular email address off the web, I had to download all this Yahoo garbage onto my laptop, which doesn't have an infinite amount of memory. And then, it combined my yahoo! email with my home email. I was livid. I even called up to complain and wrote several angry emails to register my complaints.

The other thing that ABSOLUTELY INFURIATED ME, was that
this invasive program I downloaded went in and changed the home page in Explorer, my usual browser to Yahoo!
The gall!

So....yeah, Yahoo! is in my bad books. But, what would I do without friends like you in cyberland?

Deb