Wednesday, December 01, 2004

not exactly happy, but the best i could do

James 5:16


I am caught up in movies
Playing in my mind
Things I dare not reveal
Yet in secrecy dwells
The enemy of my soul
So share, true confession
__________I will.

Though I tremble and
Wonder if my confession
Will sound like a
Trumpeter’s call
I must step out in
Faith to be true to the word
__________“Confess your sins
___________One to another.”

I will not fear
Enemy’s plan
Secrecy and Isolation
I will press in
To the High King’s Court
Through the pathway
__________Of confession.


Secrets

Repeat after me: I have no secrets.

There you’ve said it. Now that you’ve said it, it’s either true and your are calm as a pond on a still day. Or you’ve got a list of your secrets cycling through your brain right now. Either way, it’s a good thing. Believe me.

I have taken to saying, I have no secrets out loud, to everyone. The thing about it is, if it isn’t true, you will know about it within moments. If it is true, it is wonderful confirmation.

The thing about it is, you have no secrets, whether you know it or not. There is nothing done in secret that will not be revealed. There is One who is always watching and knows you and I better than we know ourselves. Sobering thought, isn’t it? For some it is wonderful comfort and others a grievous realization of truth.

I have always worn my heart on my sleeve, been an open person, and while it leads to some problems, it is really a nice way to be. I have proclaimed my direction and had bridges knocked out before me, but those were times of passionate youthfulness. Now, it is not so much of a blathering as it is a revealing, a sharing, showing my hand to those in my inner circle for their counsel and wisdom. It is truly a place of comfort if you can get there.

If you cannot, might I suggest, you invest yourself in being open before God. He longs to be your inner circle. He knows what is going on anyway, but being confided in is something entirely different than merely observing. God is a most excellent confidant. He doesn’t blather to those who shouldn’t know. He doesn’t judge or condemn, He is warm and compassionate and merciful. Yes, He is an excellent Counsellor.

If you take to saying, I have no secrets. Your heart will bear witness to the fact or will reveal the things you have hidden. Confess them, then say it again. I have no secrets. Try it. I have no secrets. It is a wonderful comfort to live your life in the light. I tell my girl, if you have to hide it you probably shouldn’t be doing it. Isn’t that true for grown-ups as well? Have no secrets, you’ll love it.

No comments: