Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the dive

well kids, i've printed out my manuscripts, both are compiled, now i'm trying to pretty them up. read passages newly written aloud to my husband last night, who seemed to tolerate them well. i'm also compiling fifty poems and i've got all my recent unseen stuff (unseen by 99.9% of the people i usually show stuff to that is).

i kept thinking this book (the poetry) will either make me or break me. but isn't that the case with everything we write? perhaps it is more the shtick of poets, confessional poets at that, to lay themselves upon the page for scrutiny. and sometimes we just have to launch it out there and see what happens. i wonder what will happen. i really do. it's an exciting time kids.
a time,
my sister says,
when my heart's desires are coming true.


we were in barnes and noble, i was walking up and down the rows of poetry and i asked my sis,
do you think i'll ever have a book here?


knowing you,
she said,
yes.


that reminds me, i've got the greatest shots of my sis. i've been waiting for her to send them since she visited (remember, i don't take pictures), so i'll have to show her to you.

this first picture is of a dive she took when we were walking home. she hit a glitch in the cement and landed with a mighty thud. she lay there laughing and laughing. it was great. if you're going to make a complete fool of yourself, the least you can do is enjoy it, eh? people were looking at us, saying
is she all right?


she said,
i always do stuff like this.
and just lay there laughing. she is very graceful normally, but that day, whoa! i turned around and saw her bent over and moving forward intent on going down. i couldn't stop, help, or do anything other than quell my laughter (by force of will) until i knew she was all right. then i took pictures of her. (what are sisters for if not to memorialize our foibles?)



she was parked on the concrete like this for about five minutes. you'd think she was very comfortable she stayed there so long. i love her. she's great. since i can't seem to upload any normal pictures, so you'll just have to imagine her upright, eh?

catcha later cats.

No comments: