Monday, August 13, 2007

if only i could teleport

then i'd be just like nightcrawler,
getundzeout!

i was kicking the girls outside today (didn't your parents or caregivers open the door and shove you out into the nice weather during the day? mine did). and today, i felt that way, like i needed children to be out of doors so i could do what needed to be done inside.

i'm on day six of a seven day run, and my feet hurt. but other than that, i'm okay. i'm not half the bitch i thought i'd be by now. though my daughter might disagree with that.

i am behind in editing and find my mental knives dull after standing on my feet all day. maybe it's all the training too. maybe it won't take so much out of me when this is all old hat and i can mindlessly do my job. but right now, there is so much to remember.

i never realized all the went into running a store. and while i forgot a couple small details, i remembered everything else. and i'm so grateful. so very grateful for my work, which gets me out of my house, which is better than being parked on the couch.

feel like the only people i see now are my coworkers and our customers. but hopefully that will change. i missed a poetry gig tonight, one that i host, because i had to work. i don't like that trend. but i chalked it up to the necessary evils of training and hope it won't become habitual.

there's so much to say, yet there is nothing to say. i find myself approaching that wordless place again. there is no news, for sure. but hopefully i'll learn to rejoice in this season. fall has begun in retail anyway. and i'm glad. i'm ready for the cold blast to return.

i haven't exerienced a real winter yet, so maybe that will change. but for now, i still love winter. and the promise of spring. hopefully i'll get to enjoy the colors more than i did last year (which, aside from oohing and aahhhing while driving, i didn't get to really experience them).

peace.

No comments: