Thursday, August 09, 2007

when what we want becomes reality

my feet are a bit tired and i won't have a day off work until wednesday. i hadn't expected to be baptised by fire, but, here we go.

i am hoping this is not a mistake. though, anything worthwhile requires great effort. so i will chalk it up to that. the effort needed to produce a result. and try my best to do a good job.

the ac broke at work again, so it feels like hell in there. but we are managing to keep our spirits up.

looks as though all my hard work at attaining that elusive degree have not been in vain and i'm essentially free and clear to study what my heart desires. which pleases me more than you can imagine. to be given free reign. that is what i desire.

to be told, do your best, and we are here to help you.

that is what i have hoped for.

in reading through the preparatory materials, it seems the faculty serves in a mostly advisory capacity, and the rigors of this degree will be measured by writing. my objectives set, i will lean into the wind and press forward. i can do this. i must do this.

i hope the work schedule calms down a bit, before the school workload picks up. if it do not, i shall make it work anyway. there is more to me than a feminine frame. and i am ready for this challenge.

i must go workout now. up to 400 situps. and i get weighed and measured today. hope it's good news.

peace.

2 comments:

Miss Audrey said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm looking forward to great reports on both the work front and the school front! I'm glad to hear that you are sticking with your fitness program too. That'll make all of the difference I'm sure!

siouxsiepoet said...

i hope the working out helps. right now it feels like another thing to cram into my schedule, but i know it is helping in intangible ways. shed another pound, how fiercely they resist leaving me. but i am not doing such a great job on the diet part, nutrition is not my strong suit.

anyway, thanks audrey.
suz.