Wednesday, August 26, 2009

two day nap

so, i have barely gotten out of bed the past two days, it is how i spend my days off. which will have to change soon, as my kid is moving in. i push really hard when she's underfoot, and so, life is about to change again.

i understand we have limited time on this planet to make a mark.
i don't know what kind of mark i'll make, but really, at this point, i'm not overthinking that. i'm just flowing with the momentum that has brought me to this point.

i ran into my belly dance instructor, who gave me the biggest hug and said,
i miss you.


and i miss her, terribly. summer is hard because i lose touch with a lot of things that really ground me. belly dance, namely. my instructor, as well. i would take her summer classes just to shorten the time away, but found yoga didn't do it for me.

so we're talking, and i told her how where i'm at is where i've come from solely on momentum. so i don't know where i'm headed or what's coming.

i don't put a lot of pressure on myself to plan each step. i live by intuition. something else i've learned.

and, so, she says,
i've got plans for you. you don't know it yet, but i've got plans for you.

and i just smiled and said,
yay for plans for me.


she tells me pilates will change my body in four weeks. we'll see. i could use a change. a challenge.

i'll have to start cooking again, regularly. which is fine, i used to do this for a living, being a mom. but, now it will have a different edge. this young lady will have a lot to contend with and i should really get up, clean my apartment, and rearrange, becuase i need to find a dresser for her and a place for it.
but we'll see how it goes.

i think a nap is in order.

No comments: