Monday, January 09, 2006

my beloved

Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6

R. You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.
God indeed is my savior;
I am confident and unafraid.
My strength and my courage is the LORD,
and he has been my savior.
With joy you will draw water
at the fountain of salvation.
R. You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.

it seems my beloved is leaving me tokens of joy. four of them i found yesterday and realized he was studding my path with them.

did you leave these for me?


yes.


it has always been thus, i have just not seen it. no he does not write poetry or wax romantic (although lately he has been able to stomach a romantic comedy or two! he tells me it is all make believe. i replied, so is that kill 'em stuff you like. it is all pretend, what's the difference?).

our girl budgie (orchid, right), or whom we like to think is a girl, is our resident mae west. she swings and sings. i'm not sure if she is demon, angel, siren, saint, or some combination of them all. perhaps even God himself reminding us to worship. she delights me though. her songs fill our home with joy. and that is a welcome addition. while i would prefer she didn't wratchet up the songs when my husband came home (she'll sing until midnight if we let her, even if we send her to bed she will sing and sing and sing).

she probably has much to teach me. i have forgotten how to sing those sweet songs to my beloved. so entangled in the dailyness of life that i just get plain old distracted. but that too is changing. as i see him lay himself down for me, i am moved to tears. i am learning not only to give him love, but also to recieve. for he is my beloved and always will be.

No comments: