Friday, December 26, 2008

cynicism of the season

saw a hawk today, almost didn't even look up. i realized, how i don't really believe in anything anymore. belief has always plagued me, and now like some polyester clad salesman it beckons me to believe something else, and i can't. i don't. i ain't got it anymore. i'm done.

been sick for a few days, slept all of yesterday, got up only to remedicate myself, and watched casablanca late last night, but that was my christmas. my family came and went while i was abed. i only got up today because my boss called and wanted me to work a bit. i felt okay, so i went in. i feel about as bad now as i did yesterday, so i'm kind of back to square one. he wanted me to hang out, but then realized he needs me well, so sent me a packin'. i'm just wiped.

and all this with the thoughts of having to forge my own way, which i'm so okay with. i just hate the in between time. i'm looking forward to just getting on with it already. i'm tired, tired of waiting, tired of hoping, tired of believing. so i'm done with all of it.

my head is pounding so i must go, but i try not to lose myself to the cynicism of the season. what can i say. i'm glad it's over. we rocked as a store, still not the best we could be, but better than we thought and that is good enough for now.

i'm getting hours, and even if i have to drag my half dead body into work, i will, because i'm all i've got now. what a concept.

what a concept.

No comments: