Monday, December 15, 2008

touching the earth

i awoke slowly, reluctant to stir from the warmth of my sheets into the bright. let me linger here, where i can walk with you again. let me linger here, where i have touched the gods. let me linger here, where i am safe at last. safe at last.

because for me, it is all about safety. and walking this weekend through the terrors of poetry, through the rages and tears (many of us cried this time, not just me, and i'm pleased to report, i only cried once! huzzah!).

there is enough anger to go around. enough fear.

but i found something else, i found laughter. joy. triumph. strength.

that's excellent,
the matriarch called out after one particularly celebratory poem. and i laughed and said,
it's about time.


no more tears. though more will come.

and these jagged rocks will tear at my feet, but i will continue on.

home again, earth bound, it took me a while to get back in the groove at work. such mundane tasks, but necessary. such trivial dramas, but i remember my moments in the parthenon, where i walked among the gods.

No comments: