Monday, December 17, 2007

anonymity

as much as i'd like to profess i'm not irked by anonymous commenters, they get to me just like they would probably get to anyone.

i'm not hidden here. in fact, i'm too open for my own good. why i do what i do is for my reasons alone.

i won't be here always, i will close up shop and head off into the sunset. but for now, this is it.

i will happily entertain any comment made by someone who has the balls to say who they are. otherwise, why would i listen? why should i care?

my life is not a game. it's not a team effort. it's my fuckedup life and i get to complain about it if i want. here i am able to speak my mind and if someone some how pretzels my comments into my being closedminded, well, that person really doesn't know shit about me.

but they got my blood pumping whoever they were.

every time i've said something, i've had the balls to say,
i said that.


i expect no less in return.

it's a dangerouus game, being bold enough to stand behind your words, but one i know not how to play otherwise. and for those who don't understand this. those who would cower behind anonymity, i don't need people in my life like that.

there is no reason to hide. unless i've proven myself unreasonable.

you're proving that now,
you may say. but if you say it without saying who you are, it doesn't matter to me what you say.

i write here because i have friends who love to read this shit.

friends whose names and faces i know. friends whom i trust.

those friends speak their minds to me and allow me the courtesy of knowing who they are.

i don't have time for the rest. to be grateful for someone's anonymous judgments of my life. i don't really think anyone has time for that shit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first comment was made out of concern. I have read your blog, it seems at times that you are so unhappy and really struggling. My heart goes out to you. My last comment was made out of an observation. It is just odd to me how something well intentioned was so offensive to you. And only because it wasnt wrapped and presented the way you wanted it to be. No worries, I wont bother you anymore.

Good Luck
Jeanie

siouxsiepoet said...

it wasn't offense.

i just wanted context. and now i have it.

peace.