Friday, December 21, 2007

who me?

now i've got some big deal poets wanting to hear me read.

funny.

life is a trip. my daughter, the poor child strapped into the co-pilot seat for this wild ride.

today as we sat in traffic trying to find JOY in the moment, we had to laugh.

she sees me fail perhaps more than she sees me succeed. but that is probably a good thing. i never want the kid to stop trying. i never want the kid to give up. she can do anything.

how do i know this?

because she is. simply because she is.

by that line of thinking i can do anything, why?

because i am, simply because i am.

it's a good day. a tough, hardwork, jampacked day, but there are moments when i wouldn't trade the world for my life.

and i just had one of those moments.

tell me when you're reading, i'll come see you.


HA!

2 comments:

MD Brauer, MD said...

I am reading. And having caught up on the earlier blogs, I really would like to post this as anonymous, just to be annoying, but unfortunately my identity is known, and so I just want to say I am reading.

You know, Suz, if you ever wrote fiction, you could do a wonderful job in chic-lit just telling your story with your job! Really!

siouxsiepoet said...

thank you for not vexing me.

don't encourage me. my forays into prose have lead nowhere. now here. hmm.

how brendan manning of me.

but i don't feel i have the mind for fiction. only brutal truths. maybe truth guised as fiction, but it would be a thin veil.

peace my friend.
suz.