Sunday, December 23, 2007

le' me hear lemmy

so i'm lying in bed giggling. just glad to be alive. (thought i'd mention it as i'm usually so grim.) it's not the season, or any thing other than simple gratitude. i didn't go into my lifesucking job today. first time i've ever said no. and i hope it's the last i'll be having to say no to them.

i would still be there, in fact, they wanted a seven hour shift out of me, occurring after my new job's seven hour shift. too much. and i said no.

turned in my keys again on friday.

we'll see if this one takes.

got keys (or key rather) at my new job. not a title yet, but it won't be long in coming. i know that much. my new crew is made up primarily of kids and the current boss has his work cut out for him. i will do what i can. and his wife gave gifts to the gang (even though they are mean to him, perhaps that is why she felt the need to intervene, made me realize the impact for good a wife can have in her husband's life. there was a day once, i baked cookies for my hubbies co-workers. had a horrible hazelnut experience, but that was aeons ago and i'm another person now).

my rabbiton has a cage three times the size of his last one, which was just long enough for him to stretch out lengthwise in. since he can't visit his outdoor haunts with all the snow and rain of late, he must be inside. since i am only in the kitchen for short spells these days, and he in the cage otherwise, i got him the big daddy cage where he is now happily sorting his bedding. shoveling shit around, literally.

we watched shrek the third tonight. that is incredibly funny and my patience for kid movies is about nil at this point, but this was refreshing. it had king arthur and merlin in it. which was a nice surprise.

it's pouring rain outside and i'm all toasty inside but can't sleep. i've fallen into this napping habit. a couple hours here and there and i'm good to go. hopefully losing the second, second job will help me fall back into normal sleep patterns, but i just don't sleep. i'm tired, i lie there for hours and nothing. i talk to darkness. i think. eventually i get up.

my sister tells me her hubby (whom i adore) is griping that his kids don't know motorhead. they have to hear and know lemmy to be his kids, and so they shall. it just made me laugh because we've both gone through these christian phases where we trash everything in our circle the wagons religiosity, then end up buying it all back again.

they tossed many signed special edition hard rock/metal cds from his days at KNAC. such a loss. such a loss. but we do what we must. and when we know different, we do different.

that's all for now. i'm off to work on schoolwork. my semester ends the 18th of january and i've pulled together a chapbook for it, which i will probably only sell to those i trust completely or don't know at all.

i keep wondering when my next read will be and what my role at dodge will be this year. it's good to look forward.

peace.

No comments: