Thursday, December 27, 2007

stalking the dead

my first ever chapbook is now in my hands and i love it.

we'll see if anything comes of it. i don't see how publication can elude me now. it simply can't.

i'm fresh in from work, doing laundry until the wee hours as i'm never home anymore.

my lifesucking job wanted me to go in and work tonight but i was working at my other job, so i was able to opt out. hopefully they'll just stop calling. it's hard for me to say no to them.

we did a lot of standing around today and i hate to earn wages that way. but i'm tired and just wanted to be there. i was able to go over to the grocery side of the store and do some cashier stuff for breaks over there, but that ended and it was back to standing around. even took my break today, which is probably only the second time.

i'll do laundry until i'm waaaay tired, and then to bed. i've got a hot date with a dear friend and i'm looking forward to adult conversation.

enjoying the silence and time alone, but damn, a girl needs companionship.

today, a draft horse regarded me, and i stood there and looked into his giant eyes as he towered over me. my daughter begins lessons next week and i'll be spending lots of time in the company of horses.

the grounds are gorgeous and they make me believe miracles can happen.

peace.

No comments: