Thursday, February 12, 2009

because he writes

so my boss is worse than a group of prepubescent girls. i told my friend at another store something, he tells my boss, who tells me not a half hour after i'd hung up the phone. i get to work this am, five am, mind you. bright and early, to be greeted by a dear kid i adore, who tells me what i said on the phone.

who told you,
i asked.

guess.


but i knew. sigh.

he said,
everyone knows everything.


i guess.
i said, but it was payback for something i heard and mentioned to him that he had told someone else. who probably shouldn't have told me. what goes around, i guess is what's coming around.

better be careful what i say. at least my words are coming back to me, not some crazy operator game where things are all confubbled. the truth is confused enough, i guess.

so we had a great morning, one of the girls who can't stand my guts was scheduled to come in and when she did, the mood shifted dramatically. finally, i forced her to talk to me. i gave her no out. she had to stand there and scream at me for all i cared, but it was going down.

my boss walked in in the middle of it and said,
good.


and left us alone to have it out.

we did. it's better now.

ultimately, i apologized for percieved (or accurate) bitchiness. and told her,
call me out on it. i'm not perfect. if i make a mistake, tell me about it.


when i became mother theresa, and no one could speak against me i don't know but i never asked for that role. so i told her,
let me know when i blow it.


then i apologized sincerely, and asked her to do what i initially asked her to do before she started pouting.

she did. the mood lightened about ten thousand degrees. it was such a downer working with her before, i trust it will be markedly improved in the near future.

then my boss came in and i got on him about slacking (you see i'm the same bitch with everyone, i'm no respector of persons), and my boss loves that i call everyone on just about everything. people don't call me on shit because i call myself.

so, that's it. i need to go home and crash, i'm tired.

five am is waaaay too early, but i loved it. we had a blast this morning and did a fine job. the girl's argument was that she knows the customers and drinks. and i told her,
i need to get to know them in the am, because i'll be opening too.


and she said,
we have a way of doing things,
and i said,
but i'm the supervisor.


she said no more. i think the point has been made, and that she agreeably stood on the other side of the counter and told me what drinks to make pleased me and my boss to no end.

what a nightmare that was.

my god am i that difficult? my boss says, with a grin,
YES!

No comments: