Monday, November 26, 2007

poetry saves me again

two weeks coming which are full of work, packed with work, but rounded out nicely with play. this, is what i've been working for. to play.

sherman alexie is at rutgers wednesday night.
i shall be there, wild horses could not keep me from it. (well, one could, but that is beside the point).

saturday, a poetry workshop with kurtis lamkin, dodge poet. and i get to read. what shall i read? i haven't been to a reading in weeks, months perhaps.

next weekend, a poetry intensive, three glorious days when i get to be who i am amongst those of similiar ilk. it is a curious thing, to be around others in such a way. but it is a godsend. a lifedefining moment (or several of them stacked end on end until one is fat and happy with their gifting).

my poetry prof (he's not a poet, but digs poetry), my prof (more accutate, you see, edumucation is not lost on me!) can hear my poetic voice and i dig that. he gets it. he can pick out a hesistant comma, or a uncertain period. but i think, next semester instead of going the full blown jungian route, i'll sit under the published poet on staff. or try to. go mano y mano and see how i fare under her piercing eye.

if nothing else, it will be excruciatingly exhilirating. like the rest of my life.

peace.

No comments: