Friday, November 02, 2007

t minus fourteen days

so i gave my notice at my lifesucking job. got offered another job by a humble, compassionate man--at a far better rate than i'm getting now. and sans commute. can't pass that up. while i'll be working with dudes now (a safeguard i invoked for myself back in the day--working with only women), i figure i'll be fine. i'm a tough bitch.

my manager said to me when she spoke to me about my leaving
going some place with less responsibility.


i think i said
yeah
(as in, yeah right). but that is the management style there, very strange.

it is time for me to leave, i never want to subscibe to the management philosophy of this particular company.

i have to get out now before i mindmeld into some manager i never wanted to be. it's hard enough for me to keep my shit together personally without having to defend my managerial style (which is "too nice").

i will never stop being "nice" to associates. i told my new manager,
compassion is never a the wrong answer.

and he just smiled.

i haven't gotten the job yet, but i've done the paperwork, taken the drug test and i hope it's all but done. i am really excited to start there. but i'll miss the goils.

i will always miss the goils.

one of them wanted to come with me. but she can't.

i miss my sister's babies. they were totally zen for me.

i don't want anymore kids, but i would love to participate in any baby raising i can, it's so wonderful. babies are healing. and i've needed healing.

it's hard to be away from them, but i know their cries now and can tell them apart on the phone.

the clock is ticking on my stay in hell, i'm glad to be getting paroled. i hope i've done what i was there to do. i think i have.

it is time for me to move on.

peace.

No comments: