Monday, July 06, 2009

none too pleased

the chief is back and his eyes were wide as saucers when i told him about my snake charming.

no lying out at all,
he said.

like that is going to happen. what is with the dudes in my life, they're very protective. and i get tired of it. though, i don't protect myself in those ways, so maybe it's a good thing.

i'm not the only creature sun seeking at that hour,
i told him. he was not amused. i came home to find the stairs lined with all manner of snake eradication powders and things. sigh.

i'm too tired to fight. he did leave the light on for me, i forget to leave it on for myself. again, it just doesn't occur to me.

i'm glad they're back though, i was tired of being alone (even though i was only alone a day or so). what can i say. psychic comfort that they are. i feel safer when they are here. i don't know why. i don't know why.

i have that long drive thursday, and i'm so tired. i'm debating tonight on working out or sleeping in tomorrow. i think i'll sleep in. my body is just aching from work and it usually isn't so bad. i think i just need a real break. this residency couldn't come at a better time.

so i'm closing tonight with the girl who calls me suz. i adore her. we finish every last thing at 8:30. she looks at me and says,
this is rediculous.


i know.
i tell her.
we're not going to go crazy, we'll just take it easy.

the store was full of customers but we'd done every conceivable thing (and then some). we walked out a little later because i was having trouble counting my register. i think it had more to do with me being tired than anything. but 10:15 is still respectable. though we should have walked out of there at 10:03. whatever. it is what it is.

i had nice conversations with customers tonight. it was a good run.

none of my personal favorites came in, but that's okay. i'll see them later this week before i go. i'm having more fun with the staff now. there is a comfort that was not there before. and i'm grateful for it.

but i'm tired. and wide awake.

go figure.

No comments: