Wednesday, July 01, 2009

three weeks

is a long time before i'll see my friends again. won't be able to make it to any classes or hang with the girls until after my residency and their festival. i wish i could go, but two and a half weeks of vacation, while it would be deliriously fun, is out of the question. i'm hoping to be able to swing it next year though, i have to.

i love these women. and it's nice to be able to be comfortable around others. it's not something i experience every day. and today, this sugary sweet girl i worked with got a talking to. she's been kind to me since i started there, but it's the i'm going to smile while i cut your heart out with a spoon and eat it right in front of you kind of sweetness (blegh).

you want me to treat you with respect you do not give me in return.


how so?


when i first started here, i'd spent three days (eight hour days, mind you), on register. i said to you, i don't want to ring today. and you said to me, welcome to ...


all i needed was an hour break from register today.


fine, but i'm just saying, the way you treated me did not incline me to acquiesce to your request. (ha! i didn't use those words).


anyway, it was a decent conversation, i think no one realizes how they come across. and so i told her exactly what i thought and she told me what she thinks, and it is well, i trust. i don't like strained relations. and the last two weeks she's been a bitch.

i've been very kind to you.


yes, you have. you smile, but most of the time it feels like you're saying, fuck you.


no, i'm not.


just letting you know how it feels.


things may have been worked out. they may just fester. but while i'm away at my residency next week, she'll be leaving for her new college on the west coast. i only have to work with her one or two more times. simple as that. the only thing constant is change.

the chief left this morning. gone a week, hopefully back before i leave for my time away. but i need the time alone. residency will prove to be a challenge, i'll have to be "on" most of the time. my only day off until then is sunday, and then it's go go go.

i have to remind myself, these trials will make me better. these trials will make me better. these trials will make me better.

must away, reading to do... still six books to finish for next week.

how i want to play, just play.

No comments: