Monday, March 27, 2006

plan b

i've lived my life largely without an exit strategy. without knowing where i'll go or what i'll do incase we lose air pressure in the main compartment. i'm not sure if those oxygen masks are even standard equipment. that is how unprepared i am for eventualities.

the gospel i read says,
take neither tunic nor sandal, just go.


it doesn't say, and be sure to rent a really big storage shed to keep your stuff for your eventual return. it nowhere says, and leave a string trail so you can find your way out of the darkness the presence of God will most certainly plunge you into.

i can't find that. granted, i haven't looked. but i don't really think it is there.

God is my escape plan. God is my refuge. God is my eventuality. whether it goes ill or well, He is all i've got my hopes hung upon.

i am so utterly exhausted right now, my eyelids feel heavy and i just woke up. the weight of blinking is not something i am used to dealing with or even thinking about. i think my back started spasming last night. but i've not yet begun to pack in earnest, granted i've purged like a bulemic after thanksgiving dinner but not packed much (my friends, bless their souls, have done much of that for me).

the miracles of our departure are mounting and i am convinced that God is able to get my family to new york in six days. He fashioned an entire world from chaos, packing my house isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

miracle # 8592: we are within walking distance of a library. i hope it's a good one, nothing worse than being by a library that sucks.

so when i leave texas, i don't want to look back. i don't want to come back. i just want to cut the cords and move forward. i was thinking none of the israelites came back, the red sea was flowing and they didn't really have that option. plus, they all got wiped out, but for me, i just want to move forward not back. and i see new york as forward movement.

miracle #256: there is a monastery within walking distance of my home, too.

and a whole bevy of churches. a cornucopia of faith. i'm too tired to make any dazzling points, so let me just say, i don't think jonah had an out either, but God took care of it all. yes, i am encouraged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And take heart, if you get hungry, there's a sky full of ravens at His disposal.