Sunday, January 18, 2009

sliver deep

it bit me!


i hollered as i walked down the staircase. a splinter burying itself into my bloodied finger. i can be such a baby about these things.

but it hurt.

it's still there, sunk in and comfy, i guess.

usually the slivers are just under the skin and i can dig them out (i tear at my skin until i get them out, actually), which i would have done except this one had a vertical descent instead of the typical horizontal. such is life.

we come together, the small crazy clan, that adores each other and do the best we can for each other.

i don't know. i don't know that any of us would do so well in another group. but that does not mean we don't have differences, and i had to spike my hairs and arch my back at a girl who was coming a little too close to being on a power trip. she backed down and for now, the issues are at bay.

it is another day, and i have earned another dollar, for which i'm grateful. light snow fell the entire time and it is so lovely to see out the windows. but i drove home alone as my sister was not available on the phone. so the foos sang me through the darkness.

one of my favorite customers said he's over the foos. and, well, i'm just getting started with them.

not much else to say, i want to believe that it will all be well. i tell myself this often.

it will be well. i believe this.

No comments: