Sunday, January 11, 2009

text me

my ex is about ready to blow a gasket with all the texting going on with me lately. i can't help it. that is what people do. i'm still weird and awkward with it, but whatever. then i get one that makes me grin from ear to ear. of course i'm going to keep enjoying it, even if i get grief about it.

i started packing today, took my dishes and utensils, all the stuff my grams gave me and i found it curious that all the "serveware" as we call it in food service, belongs to me (or at least is going with me) and all the knives belong to him. i found it interesting to note.

i'm still in need of a great deal of encouragement and comfort, but i'm finding it poquito por poquito and i just have to go with it. i'm not trying to do anyting in particular, but when something feels good, i let it feel good. and this, perhaps, is a problem. but for now, it is where it's at.

i'm entering a hedonistic phase similiar to when i was in college, i guess.

watching a movie, it's 11:30, so i'll be up waay late. and, well, this is how it goes when i close. i was supposed to become an opener, but looks like i'll be the closer indefinately. i'm fine with it, really. i know all the customers, they know me. they are surprised when they see me in the am, and miss me when i'm gone at night.

which makes me happy. this one guy keeps saying,
do you sleep here?


it feels like it sometimes. i'm always, always, always at work. but my boss is comfortable with me there when he's not because i don't let anyone get away with anything. and the kids like working with me, so it works out well.

someday, i'll have to get a real job, but for now, i'll stay where i'm happy. and see where it leads.

No comments: