Tuesday, June 30, 2009

thinking of you

he came back to my store, and i had so much to say.

did i tell you?


no.


we didn't cover that topic.


but he was interested and there are some people for whom my words just gush.

i didn't even see him at first, i was distracted with the new fixtures and making the store look "perfect" whatever that means.

he stepped out of the line and waved, smiled.

oh, hi.


i stood there for a moment then realized i needed to be on bar.

i said his drinks, and had another customer muddling up things, so i had to keep several balls in the air.

i tried to nod to the customer who was before him, but it was just a hi, get the hell out of here acknowledgment, i admit it.

but then there was another customer after, we were preclosing, and shit had to get done. so the people are all orbiting around me in some strange way.

suz, i need the keys.


the one barista i don't mind calling me that was working with me and her best friend last night. it is nice to hear, i must say. she says it with such kindness, i don't mind. i really don't mind her calling me that.

so i lean back against the counter and she extracts them from my apron where the string is dangling out.

meanwhile, i'm about to blend something and he's talking to me still,
i'm getting something together for you.

he has ideas for me to webcast, which i don't know the least bit about.

so i make the phone with my hand and mouth, call me.

there are precious few people i want to call. fewer i want to talk to at length about anything, but this guy and i have shit to say.

so, we'll see. he's incredibly busy.

that's why i don't sleep.
he says.

.

i have to tell you about my writing process.


see, it's all this convoluted connection of ideas. quite stimulating, i must say. and from a dude, even more amazink.

peace out kids.

No comments: