Monday, February 25, 2008

how easily they fall.

word comes to me tonight of a homeschooling mom i was acquainted with who passed on. rough, rough news. and any loss, any grief breaks me in ways i cannot often comprehend. i do not try. i just let myself cry again.

it makes me want to actually engage in my life though, as her young daughter is no older than mine.

to think of that sweet girl and the trial ahead, forging a way without her matriarch. it would crush me if i think on it too long.

so i will carry my burden of sorrow to the ranch tomorrow and sift through the bad for the good. wearing away the pain with work which does the soul good.

and find bucky in between who can remind me of the other functions of the heart, besides breaking.

tonight the loss is fresh for me again.

No comments: