Thursday, February 14, 2008

ms. conception

i am losing a lot of my naive beliefs. like people who have jobs actually want to work. i now realize the grievous error of this thinking, they want to get paid, they don't want to work, necessarily.

i hear it all day long, just give me my check. forget that i'm not doing a quarter of the work everyone else is doing, i'm standing here, pay me and pay me well.

this mentality is foreign to me. i have always said,
you can never pay me enough because i'll always work harder than you pay me.

i'm at a loss to understand the other mindset. it is the mindset of at least one (actually, all the older folks and most of the younger kids i work with).

baffling. truly.

where have these people worked that they get by doing nothing?

then, there's the union. once you're six months in, unless you steal something they can't offload you.

hmm.

today i was encouraged to "overlook some things."

which things,
i asked.

and if i overlook those things, how can i not overlook other things? i can't live like that,
i said.

so when i informed this employee of the required lunch break for an over five hour shift. when this person refused to take it, i said,
then you can clock out at the five hour mark.

i was told in no uncertain terms,
i will clock out when i want to.


all righty then. i simply wrote it down, that i did my part, informed the person of the standards, and they refused.

i don't really understand how people can do no work, or the least possible amount of work and expect the most possible amount of pay, even when that pay comes at the price of the entire team being scrutinized.

fun times kids. i get to deal with these people in a management capacity and am not yet titled. that got thrown in my face today, and i said,
you're right, i'm not a manager, i'm just doing what i'm told.

we all have to answer to someone.

i have a been a fool, i am a fool. i'm still reeling from something else...

No comments: