Sunday, February 10, 2008

sort of blizzard

well, there was snow today. it was blowing sideways and upways and downways. all ways really.

i've never seen it like that. freezing cold wind, i knew it would snow with that kind of cold. but i went to work without my heavy coat anyway. fortunately, the snow stopped before i got off work and i got to watch it all from the relative warmth of my coffee bar.

there isn't much in terms of accumulation. it wanted to snow but it has been pretty warm of late, so these past two days of flurries just aren't enough to keep the kids out of school. (which is the whole point of snow, is it not?)

the customers were great today, we were slammin' all day. time went by fast, and when i'm called in earlier and earlier, a four hour shift ends up being seven, it's nice that time goes by fast.

i have tomorrow off and i'm not answering my phone. i'm going to jaw with poets at my local library, which i haven't done since before last semester. maybe not since last july. long time.

i've seen a few of them. i've read a few poems of theirs. but tomorrow, i get to see them with my own eyes and hear them with my own ears, which is what it's all about.

when i left work tonight, the crisp air of the serulean sky was dark and only an illuminated cresent moon smiled at me. lighting my path, as it were.

a very peaceful moment.

the days have been that way of late, peaceful.

i told a customer today,
there comes a point in life where you just have to say, this is it, this is my life, and enjoy it.


absolutely,
she replied.

that time is now folks, that time is now.

No comments: