Saturday, January 12, 2008

don't mix with technology

so my husband gets frustrated because i'm constantly breaking mechanical things. electronic things. anything which need be treated with kid gloves, which i don't wear (incase you hadn't noticed).

so i drop my phone into a basin of water tonight.

it's gone on a digital hiatus.

don't call, don't text. just ring me at home.

too bad i've been putting only my cell number on things.

so, now, i'm in the market.

i'm on my third mp3 player, i wear them to work out. i won't work out if i don't have my own music. that techno 80s crap they play is enough to make me go postal. so if i forget my music, i'm out of there. even if i dragged myself unwillingly there. and i'm so not about wasted trips.

but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

made peace with the young mgr. tonight.

talked to both mgrs. together which is what needed to happen. too much he said she said bullshit is never good.

the store mgr. asked me how i was when i walked in and my face is like a billboard, so i can't say i'm "fine" and not look the part, because my whole countenance falls when i'm down.

i'm emotive. what can i say?

i think it might work out. i believe it will.

i was losing hope and getting immensely frustrated with the situation, but things are turning around and looking up.

huzzah.

so, i'm off to see what else i can break by unduly submerging in water (then resubmerging to rinse it off--but i won't tell my hubby that last part).

he instructed me to "leave it off" if it ever happens again, because i probably fried it.

i turned it on a few times all ready and tried to shake the excess juice out of it, but they should make a waterproof fone for people like me. with the dropsies.

or, i should use bluetooth technology, regardless of how mr.roboto i think that looks.

peace.

No comments: