Tuesday, January 29, 2008

wild stallions

strangely enough, i'm happy.

i don't know what they slipped in my water, but i was not even frantic once today. and that is HUUUGGEE!!

helped my girl brush down velvet again, she's wanting me to take lessons. i never let on that i used to be afraid of horses, and i told her that today. she said,
so did i, remember?

but i wouldn't let her shy away from them, so we both had to confront our fears, and now look at us.

we're going to a horse expo in pennsylvania, and i'm stoked about it. i like to encourage her passions. she woke up this morning and had two hours before her lessons, what does she do? pencil drawings of horses.

she's getting quite good, but the child doesn't prioritize. everything is horses. if it isn't neighing, she ain't interested. and that's the only way i can motivate her.

she wants me to grab a shovel and start mucking out stalls along side her (i'm not going to just let the kid ride, she has to get a handle on the work that goes with riding, so i make her do the whole thing. but she's still not doing everything, and i want her to do everything. partly because i don't know how to teach her these things and she's got a willing teacher who sees it as us helping, so it's a win-win situation).

but strangely enough, it makes me happy.

she told the instructor that i really like bucky, and was told he's a wild soul. that he has pulled the bars out of his stall and jumped right out.

my kind of horse. why can't i love the unwild. the tame, the sedate?

it just isn't my lot i guess.

so i haven't seen bucky in a while because he's been outside, which is good. but i've not worn the proper shoes, i don't have paddock boots (how many pairs of shoes does a girl need). i could break out my cowboy boots, but i hadn't really thought of that till now.

so i went to work, picking horse hair off me. yes, i should have changed my shirt, but i didn't want to. and it was an underlayer, not the top layer, and most of the hair was gone by the time i got there.

gross, i know.

so, what can i say. i'm interested in what my daughter is learning. but i would like to see bucky again soon.

No comments: